5th Grade Outdoor Science School January 29 - February 2
1. COMPLETE and SIGN the PDF form above.
- Page 3: Parent signatures required on the Registration Form (one for registration and one for photographic permission)
- Page 4: Parent signature required on Medication and Physician Contact Information Form
- Page 5: Parent AND Physician signature required on Request for Medication to be Taken During School Hours Form (only if applicable)
- Page 6: Student and Parent signatures required on the Discipline Summary Form.
2. Return all completed paperwork with a suggested donation of $430 to the office by DECEMBER 8th. INCOMPLETE FORMS OR FORMS MISSING REQUIRED SIGNATURES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
3. Checks must be payable to PVPUSD.
4. Medication should be given to the school office by JANUARY 23, 2018, in order to prepare student medicine containers prior to departure. All medications must be in the original containers. Prescription medications must have the prescriptive label attached with instructions. All medications will be held in the infirmary and will be dispensed from there.
5. Please call the office at (310) 378-0324 if you have questions.
Dear 5th Grade Parents and Students,
It’s time to start preparing for the 5th Grade Outdoor Science School to be held January 29 - February 2, 2018, at the Los Angeles County facilities in Malibu. Reservations were made last spring so Cornerstone Elementary would be scheduled during a time when the tides are optimal for outdoor study. The Outdoor Science School is considered part of your child’s school education and all students are encouraged to attend. For students who opt not to attend, independent schoolwork with an emphasis on science will be assigned and normal attendance at school will be required. An Independent Study contract is another alternate option.
Physical, Earth and Life Sciences aligned with Grade 5 Standards will be covered in the curriculum during the Outdoor Science School week. Students will also have a unique opportunity to learn about human interrelationships and independent living responsibilities. They will be responsible for making their beds, caring for their clothing, keeping their living space neat and clean, setting tables and cleaning up after meals as well as many other chores required for daily living. The Naturalists teach student lessons and our teachers provide overall supervision for the health and safety of all students. Adult cabin leaders are with students at all times, day and night.
The cost for the 2017-18 Outdoor Science School is a suggested donation of $430.00 per student. This includes food, lodging, transportation and a t-shirt. Students will travel by bus on Monday morning and will return on Friday afternoon. Families needing financial assistance should contact the school office as no student will be denied the opportunity to attend based upon financial hardship.
Medical forms must be completed by your child’s physician and require a physician signature. Please allow plenty of time for your family clinic to complete and process this form. Payment and all completed forms will be collected in their entirety by Friday, December 8, 2017. To assist staff with processing, incomplete reservation packages will not be accepted.
Michele Marcus, Principal
Beth Buchholz / Jenny Rooney, Fifth Grade Teachers